- 2007.09 - 2012.06 Ph.D in Electronic and Information Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
(Co-supervised by Prof. Xiang Bai)
- 2003.09 - 2007.06 B.S. in Electronic and Information Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
- 2020.10 - Present Associate Professor, Artificial Intelligence Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- 2018.11 - 2020.08 Assistant Research Professor, Deptartment of Computer Science, Johns Hopkins University.
- 2016.05 - 2018.10 Visiting Assistant/Associate Professor, Deptartment of Computer Science, Johns Hopkins University.
(Hosted by Prof. Alan Yuille)
- 2017.03 - 2018.10 Associate Professor, School of Communications and Information Engineering, Shanghai University.
- 2012.10 - 2017.02 Assistant Professor, School of Communications and Information Engineering, Shanghai University.
- 2011.04 - 2011.12 Intern, Visual Computing Group, Microsoft Research Asia. (Supervised by Prof. Zhuowen Tu)
- 2022.01 - 2025.12 Deep Sequential Decision Trees with Applications to Visual Recognition, National Natural Science Foundation of China No. 62176159 (PI)
- 2021.07 - 2024.06 Deep Differentiable Random Forests with Applications to Visual Recognition, Natural Science Foundation of Shanghai No. 21ZR1432200 (PI)
- 2017.01 - 2020.12 Object proposal detection by deep shape feature extraction in natural images, National Natural Science Foundation of China No. 61672336 (PI)
- 2016.01 - 2018.12 Contour detection by deep convolutional neural networks, “Chen Guang” project supported by Shanghai Municipal Education Commission and Shanghai Education Development Foundation No. 15CG43 (PI)
- 2014.01 - 2016.12 Symmetry based object localization in natural images, Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education of China No. 20133108120017 (PI)
- 2014.01 - 2015.12 Symmetry based object representation and recognition in natural images, Innovation Program of Shanghai Municipal Education Commission No. 14YZ018 (PI)
- 2014.01 - 2016.12 Research on skeleton extraction and object recognition in natural images by supervised learning, National Natural Science Foundation of China No. 61303095 (PI)
- Associate Editor
- Neurocomputing, 2019 - present
- Conference Area Chair/Senior Program Committee (SPC) Member
- CVPR 2022, AAAI 2022, ACCV 2022, CVPR 2023
- Journal Reviewer
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence
- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing
- IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging
- IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics
- IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security
- IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology
- International Journal of Computer Vision
- Medical Image Analysis
- Pattern Recognition
- Conference Reviewer
- CVPR 2017, CVPR 2018, CVPR 2019, CVPR 2020, CVPR 2021
- ECCV 2016, ICCV 2017, ECCV 2018, ICCV 2019
- AAAI 2017, AAAI 2018, AAAI 2021, NIPS 2019, NIPS 2020, ICML 2019
- Workshop Organizer